Articles on: Dashboard



In this section you can see an overview of your Locations. A location is an area where your products are being sold. It's the tool to segment your direct sales, through street sellers or Box Offices. You may see the following defaults columns here:

Virtual - yes / no

You may also add Gateway via Show Columns button.

You may edit existing locations or use + New Location to add a new one by filling in the following details:

Name - of the location
Channel - of the location
Latitude - geographic coordinate
Longitude - geographic coordinate
Virtutal - whether the location is virtual or not
Gateway - used for payments
Cancellation timeout (in minutes) - the time period in which sellers to are able to cancel tickets
Logout timeout - it logs the device out of the location after the specified time of inactivity (if you don’t touch the screen)
Print delay (in seconds) - the time period between printing tickets. This allows sellers to rip them off easily. It is for packages or a when a lot of individual tickets are sold
Default Category - the default category to sell
Allow seller change - allows you to change the location that you assign the sale to, If you go to the bookings table, you will see that you have a shift location (where you login and that which gives you the location settings) and a sale location.
Allow adjustments - the option to change the total of an order/booking
Skip voucher printing
Allow update availability - means that seller can override availability if there’s no more space or no connection to internet (Freesale enabled must be set on the product as well)
Allow voucher file
Allowed payment methods:

Credit / Debit Card
Reseller Voucher - a settlement with 3rd party
Other - a payment method not included above. Usually this is an external PDQ (CC machine that isn’t tied to Ventrata), or a bank transfer (also not tied to Ventrata)

Allowed settlement methods:

Pay full amount by card - the customer pays the full amount displayed by card. This uses the payment gateway and the payment goes directly to the operation’s bank. If the reseller is on commission, this will have to be paid at the end of month
Bill to my account - allow the payment to be collected in cash. This means that the reseller will have to pay the retail amount, minus their commission, at the end of the month
Collect my commission as a deposit - allow the reseller to take their commission as a deposit. The customer will be given a voucher (which can be paper) and on redemption they will have to pay out the remainder of the price (eg if the commission is 20%, the customer will have to pay the other 80%). This means there is no reconciliation necessary
Pay my wholesale rate by card - with wholesale clients, they will only receive the option to pay with card
Pay later

Allowed delivery methods - of the voucher / tickets
Allow location change - this allows you to create virtual locations

Having a virtual location assigns a sale on a bus to the nearest lat,/lon. coordinates, so it gives you the reporting on this. You want to create virtual locations because you wouldn’t want them to be used to login a shift as it's unnecessary if you are in a bus.

Duties - this is so that drivers have to tell you where they’re driving
Message templates - for sending to a locations / terminals
Blacklist categories - banned categories in this location
Blacklist products - banned products in this location
Quick sale products - those allowed for a quick sale
Blacklist promotions
Allow purchases - retail items that are sold. Unlike bookings these have no travel date, expiry, capacity, ticket type and closures
Blacklist resellers
Allow redeem all products

Note that you may either blacklist or whitelist all or just some of the options.

You may select more locations at once and then perform an action via Bulk Actions:

Whitelist Reseller
Blacklist Reseller
Change Channel
Change Virtual

When you Archive a location, you may Restore it via appropriate button, you may also Export content to CSV or Excel. You can also Generate Report, which shows you Total, Minimum, Maximum, Average or Count



Updated on: 05/02/2024

Was this article helpful?

Share your feedback


Thank you!